Monday, May 2, 2011

Let them eat cake!

No, this post has nothing to do with whether Marie Antoinette actually said that or if it was just Rousseau trying to make an ass of her. This post is about me and cake...and all of the other scrumptious desserts I don't have in the house. Seriously, I can go to the grocery store and spend $100 on things that sound amazing, get home, unpack them all, and have them sit in the pantry because now that I have them in the house they don't seem as desirable. It seems I only want what I can't have. Like that wedding cake that is still in the freezer from December. You're surprised I haven't eaten it yet? Me too. I seriously did set it out to thaw and eat some of the icing flowers though... But really, all jokes aside, today I shooed hubby off to a baseball game and legitimately contemplated whether I had enough time to drive to the grocery store, buy a cake, eat the whole thing and hide the evidence of it before he got home. I sat on the couch, watching national geographic, crying over cake. WHO DOES THAT?!


A 17 week pregnant lady, that's who. That is correct. Sunday marked 17 weeks and our little one is now the size of an onion, which could or could not give me a free pass on shedding those tears. 

And guess what bitches? I'm still sleeping on my back and listening to hip-hop full blast in the car. Go ahead and just give me that "worst pregnant woman ever" award whenever you're ready. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I'm over here from WeddingBee and plan to do a natural birth myself when it gets here. Look forward to your updates

    ReplyDelete