Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chuck Norris kicks to the bladder (read: how I stay awake at work)

As many of you know I went from a position where I was able to sleep in most days and got my necessary 8+ hours of sleep just about every day to a position where I'm at work by 5:30 in the morning. I swear, if I didn't have such an immense aversion to the smell/taste/look of coffee I'd be chugging it at this point. However, due to this I have to manage staying awake at my desk the way all the other pregnant women do:

Source
I have my own personal Chuck Norris that delivers me round house kicks to the bladder whenever I'm about to crawl under my desk for a nap accidentally dose off. While these kicks are much appreciated for my professional career, they're not so awesome when I'm stuck in a meeting with a full bladder. I've heard these kicks to the bladder usually stop around 25 weeks due to the baby shifting head down, however that means round house kicks to the ribs/lungs instead. I can't decide which one I'd rather deal with. 

In other news: 20 weeks has snuck up on me fast! 
Source
A freakin' cantaloupe. Yikes. Not much has changed the past few weeks. And yes, I do know I owe you a picture. But I feel like a whale so you're going to have to wait. 

Huge shout out to Susan, one of Nick's co-workers to donating us 4 huge trash bags full of amazing things. Cross off a snoogl and boppy from the registry! Thanks so much, you're amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment