Sunday, September 25, 2011

Still here, still pregnant

38 weeks! With 5 days left in the month of September I'm giving up my dreams for having a September baby and deleting all the beautiful sapphire birth stone jewelry I had bookmarked. Sorry kid, but it looks like you're going to have an ugly birthstone. (No offense to those born in October, opal just isn't my personal favorite).

We did have an interesting night last night, though. I started having contractions around 1:15am at 3-5 minutes apart. I fell asleep and they woke me up again around 4:45 - more intense and at 2-3 minutes apart. While I was contemplating calling the midwife / doula I fell asleep again, so it's safe to say I wasn't in labor. Throughout the day today I've been having mild contractions with no real consistency, so we'll see what comes of it.


This whole experience over the past 24 hours (I started feeling uncomfortable yesterday morning with some cervical pain) has definitely made me realize that this really is going to happen, possibly sooner rather than later. It's made me have some bouts of self doubt (Are we qualified for this?!) but my husband said he read about this in all of the books (sometimes I think he's done more research on this than I have) and he's been amazing at reassuring me.

Before I even called my doula to tell her about what happened last night she told me that she had a feeling tonight would be the night and she had everything ready. So ,we'll see! Either way, I promise you'll have an update!

This comic is in the birth center's bathroom, it gives me a chuckle every time:

No comments:

Post a Comment