Saturday, September 17, 2011

Full Term - Submit your guess!

Want to submit a guess of when baby girl will arrive? There's a prize for the winner! Scroll down to the end of the post for instructions!


37 weeks. As of today, if I go into labor I can go to the birth center rather than the hospital. As of today she is guaranteed to be here within 5 weeks...and we still don't have our bags packed. I'm quite large and I'm quite grumpy about it. When people ask when I'm due I tell them "Not soon enough." But I don't really mean it! While this is all uncomfortable, knowing that at the end there's another person I'm going to be responsible for is intimidating. But under all the cynicism (that passed spell check!) and sarcasm - I can't wait. I can't wait to feel her helping me and working with my body to come into this world, I can't wait to see what a pro she'll be at everything. I can't wait to see how much she's going to teach us, and I can't wait to see who she looks like. 
Our last Bradley class was last night. We're on our own now. All the childbirth classes in the world couldn't prepare us for what's about to happen 100% but we found some kind of peace, knowing that every Friday we would have the chance to ask questions and every week become more comfortable with the whole process. While we still have weekly appointments with the midwife to ask questions, it's not the same environment and doesn't last for 2 hours.

Our 36 week appointment was Thursday. I had the GBS test done (not as bad as you think!) and an internal exam. I'm 60% effaced and 1cm dilated. While 1cm is only the size of a cheerio, it's better than 0 - I'm 10% there! 

Want to submit your guess as to the day and time baby girl will make her arrival? Here are the rules:

1. E-mail your guess to waitingonbabyg@gmail.com (or just comment below with your guess)
2. Only one guess per e-mail address / person
3. Include your first name
4. The prize will be a gift card, which will have to be sent via mail - so don't submit a guess if you're not comfortable sharing your address (which I'll only ask for if you win).

Wanna go crazy? If I get enough guesses I'll also start a height / weight pool. Same rules as above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment