Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Foodie!

We went to BJ's a few weeks ago, and while perusing the bakery / food section I came across this:

Go ahead an say it. Holy hell. Yeah, I know, doesn't it look delicious. I promise, it tastes 4589734593789 times better than it looks. It's called a  "veggie crunch mix" and what I like the most about it is that the green beans look like green beans, the squash looks like squash, the carrots look like carrots, and the schnoz berries taste like schnoz berries. 
I bought one pack the first time we went, because they're kind of pricey, and they were gone within 2 days. I went back and bought 3 more. 


I've seen the "veggie chips" that are sold in the grocery stores, but you have to be extremely careful with those because most of the time they're just colored potato chips. Read the ingredients. If the first item is "potatoes" - they're not really veggie chips. The ingredient list for this snack reads, "yellow and purple sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, taro, green beans, canola oil, and sea salt." You can't get any more real than that.

My favorite things about this snack are
1) I don't feel bad when I'm done eating them!
2) They're delicious
3) Since they're dried out vegetables they make me thirsty - I can drink 32 oz of water without even trying!
4) Nick won't touch them - more for me! 
5) I'm able to digest this really quickly - which leaves me feeling good about my food selections and not heavy or regretful. 

If you have a BJ's in your area I'd highly recommend stopping in and picking up a pack - they're made by the BJ's "gourmet" brand "Wellsley Farms" and the snack is called "Veggie Crunch Mix." They also have super amazing banana chips that I eat by the handful and they're other gourmet mixes look amazing as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment