Saturday, June 25, 2011

25 weeks and a picture

I have had GI issues for my entire life. GI issues + pregnancy are never a good combination and when I started waking up in the morning with a "tightness" in my abdomen I didn't think much of it. The other morning I realized - holy moly! They're contractions! Nick was up and in the shower already so when I walked into the bathroom and announced I was having contractions he freaked. I explained to him they were only Braxton - Hicks, but still! My body is practicing; gearing up already for the big day!



I still can't get over the realization that our child could come at any moment now. It's the most exciting yet terrifying thought I've ever had. We want her here now.. but are we ready?

The midwife appointment went well. When we showed up there were two women who walked in after us who were labeled as "critical" (over their due date, ready to pop, not sure if they were in labor or not, getting their NSTs done) so we ended up having them go before us. I had only gained 5 pounds since my last visit (suck it thyroid NP!) but I feel like it's all in my face, hands, and feet. I've been downing green tea every morning to try to get rid of the bloat in the mornings and by lunch my rings spin again, but it's the worst feeling in the world! I'm measuring back to normal again (26 cm at 24w4d) so I'm not really sure what to make of last appt. Now for pictures!


*Sigh* that skirt is starting to get tight around my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment