Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Third Trimester

I have read that the third trimester ends the "comfortable" stage in pregnancy and kick starts the "crap the kid is almost here" stage in pregnancy. I didn't think it would be so much like flipping a switch. I woke up the day I switched from the 2nd to the 3rd trimester feeling awful. I was nauseous, sweating, swollen, and even threw up. I haven't been able to sleep in any other position but a 90 degree angle due to the awful heartburn and it feels like I can only eat 1/10 of the amount of food I used to before I feel like I'm about to vomit everywhere.



The third trimester also brought on a lot of anxiety - like we weren't going to be able to get everything done before she arrives. Seeing that we're in the "home stretch" so to speak has scared the crap out of me! We're never going to get everything purchased and put together and ready for her! Of course all these feelings came about before the crib and changer came in. Now they are here and the crib has been put together and I'm feeling a little less antsy.

Another big milestone that is in our near future is the glucose test! We go in for the test tomorrow and I'm really nervous about it. I haven't had any issues that lead me to believe I'll fail... but just knowing it's a possibility makes me worried. It doesn't help that my appointment isn't until 5:30 and they say for the best results not to eat anything prior to the test. Well, I can just go ahead and tell you right now... I won't make it without food that long. I will shrivel up and die. My plan? Eat nothing but hard boiled eggs all day. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment