I had a really specific look in mind for the nursery furniture. My in-laws were gracious enough to offer to pay for the nursery furniture (love you two!) and so I was thankful I was able to find the crib and changer online that matched my vision for a "reasonable" price. However, the matching dresser that was supposed to go with the "set" was NOT my vision and nothing I came across really hit the spot either. So I decided to start scouring local thrift stores, antique shops, and even the local classifieds. I looked at dozens of dressers trying to find the right one and started freaking out that it was so late in the game and I didn't have one yet. And then... I found it.
I got this beauty for $25. It's real cedar and the craftsmanship is just to.die.for. Now, it's obviously NOT nursery ready yet. With the help of my DIY savvy mother (who already had all the materials for this project in her garage - SCORE!) I'm currently in the process of stripping, sanding, and refinishing the entire thing to match the rest of the nursery furniture, which is cherry. I'm documenting the whole process for your DIY tutorial pleasure and I can't wait to show you the final product!