Saturday, January 7, 2012

All that glitters is not gold

I find that so many blogs of parents make their children to be these wonderful, perfect angels all the time. I'm here to call bullshit and tell the world our real life schedule.

5AM - wake-up call.
6 - leave for work and pump her breakfast for daycare on the way
645 - Drop her off and go to work
4 - pick her up
415-?? - she screams until she can't anymore.

I think it's really important for people to understand the cons of having a child. It is extremely difficult. We're blessed to have such a good sleeper, I can't imagine putting up with her colic on no sleep.

It seriously gets to the point where I wonder if my child hates me. She's fine at daycare - why is it that as soon as I put her in the car to take her home, she starts screaming like I'm murdering her?! It's just her "fussy" time. All baby's have their own window during the day, hers is just.... more like a door than a window...

My favorite part of the day is dropping her off in the mornings and going to work; going to a place where I am guaranteed 8 hours of time sans screaming child. Some would label it Postpartum Depression; I label it parenting a colicky baby. If I had quit my job and had to stay at home with her all the time, I would probably have an extreme case of PPD.

Not to sound textbook or go on a different subject but if you ever feel like you've just had enough to the point where you resent your child, please get help right away. I started to feel that way when things with the thrush and feedings were pretty bad, but I was able to get everything into perspective and realize things could be a lot worse.

This post was not meant to read like a pity party, I just think it's really important for people to see the "other" side of the spectrum for once.


No comments:

Post a Comment