Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Your Best Birth" - A Book Review

Source
Remember this post?  Where I said I was going to read that book and write a review? Well.... I read it. I read it all the way up to the last 10 pages. Then, somehow, I lost it. Yeah. Last ten pages, I put it down and forgot where it was. I blame it on the parasite that's currently sucking the life out of me. Well anyways, I lost it back in June and being naive, I thought I would find it again and finish it so I delayed writing this post. Truth: I never really looked for it. It's not in any obvious places and I can't bend over anymore without assistance so I'm just going to pretend I made a valiant effort to find it before I gave up my search and decided to write my review.


In all seriousness, "Your Best Birth" should be one of those books sold next to "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and "Your Pregnancy: Week by Week." No matter what kind of birth you want - elective c-section with all the drugs they'll give or a drug free home birth - this book covers it. It gives an unbiased view from all angles on all the different options out there. It provides stories from mothers who went through all the different options and why they feel it was the best option for them. Because in the end - if a c-section is what you want you'll be disappointed if it's not what you get, and who says you shouldn't be allowed to have what you want when it comes to bringing your child into the world? I learned a lot about how not having what you want during labor can slow it down or even stop it completely. One woman physically could not push her child out until she knew her husband was there - another woman's labor completely stopped when her mother started pressuring her to let her in the room. This book allows you to explore all of your options when it comes to prenatal care, labor, and delivery - and when you're informed on all aspects it makes the decision making process so much easier.

For my next review:
Source
This just came in the mail today and I've already started reading it. I hope I don't lose this one. Review to come soon!

In other news: Turning sideways to get through small spaces no longer works for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I'm considering venturing out to find the library in our new town some day this week, maybe I'll see if they have this!

    ReplyDelete