Monday, August 22, 2011

T-48 days

I used to laugh at people who talked about nesting. I thought, "duh... everyone needs to create space and buy shit for a new person, why give it a name and description that makes it sound like we're losing our minds?" Well my friends... I've recently learned that the name and description are 100% for real and spot on. Sure, I went on a few cleaning and organizing and "get rid of this crap we haven't touched since we moved in two years ago" kicks and I thought "wow, my nesting is kicking in early! I'm smart to do this now so that there's less to do later when my huge belly won't let me fit in this small space anymore!" Well, that was nature's way of tricking me into thinking I was getting ahead of the game. Because today, I turned into this:



Uh... yeah. I have no excuse. I had an urge at 7pm on a Monday night to getitalldonerightnow. I'll spare you the suspense and tell you that the only thing that was accomplished from this mess was all the 0-6 months clothes got separated from everything else and washed. The rest of the clothes are still sitting on the floor... and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

I'm excited to announce that the dresser is finished and ready to be brought from my parents garage into the nursery - so the tutorial should be up and running sometime in the near future and now baby girl's clothes will actually have somewhere to go (instead of in trash bags like they've been for the past 5 months...).

No comments:

Post a Comment